St Mary's CE Foundation

Pupil Premium - what you need to know

Schools can receive significant additional funding for every child that resides in a low income household
The schools may therefore contact you for details including your name, national insurance number or asylum seeker reference number and date of birth. It is important to offer your details where requested in order for Essex County Council to assess whether your child(ren) qualify for additional funding.
It is important to note that no other parents or pupils will know you have been assessed and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. This is purely for additional school funding to support children.


Your child(ren) may be eligible for the extra funding if you receive any of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income of below £16,190
  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance, income related
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
  • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit


Do you have a child in Reception or Key Stage 1? 

They will receive a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meals scheme. 

You still need to apply for Pupil Premium.  Use Form A below and bring it to school.


Do you have a child in Key Stage 2?

Apply for Free School Meals at this link

AND for Pupil Premium on Form A below and bring it to school.

Complete this form and return to school