Learning to Love - Loving to Learn
I give you a new command; love each other. You must love each other as I have loved you.’
John 13 v 34
As an inclusive Christian school, St Mary’s Church of England (Foundation) Primary School values everyone as a child of God and rejoices in its diversity.
Our core vision is to provide a happy, safe, loving, and nurturing environment where all have the confidence and opportunities to make outstanding progress and so expand and fulfil their hopes and aspirations.
Our inspiring, enriched curriculum promotes a thirst for knowledge and develops wisdom as well as spiritual development, a lifelong love of learning, and a thirst for knowledge.
To bring our community together to make a difference through faith, Joy, love, hope and respect.
- We are fully inclusive and celebrate the rich diversity of the whole school community. We encourage every individual to thrive, tailoring care and support to the specific needs of individual children and their families.
- We work in partnership with our local church and diocese, and member of the St Mary’s Community ensure that the distinctly Christian vision is at the heart of all we do.
- We provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all children to encourage a love of learning, enabling all to flourish and creating opportunities for children to be confidently curious.
- We give children the confidence to challenge social injustice and equality on a global scale, within a culture of encouragement, endurance, and aspiration.
- We provide opportunities for children and adults to express their differing points of view in a safe, respectful environment where all opinions are valued but where prejudicial behaviours are challenged.
- We ensure collective worship invitational, varied and interactive allowing all to develop spiritually.
- We ensure children flourish through the provision of high-quality religious education, which is seen as a core subject.
- We ensure the safeguarding of children is a priority for all adults involved with the school.
We believe the Five key values which characterise our school are
The love of God revealed in Jesus Christ shapes the life of our School. We value and respect the diverse cultures and faiths represented by our school and wider community. We encourage pupils to share their experiences of faith and culture for the benefit of all.
We rejoice in our rich and vibrant community. We are committed to a creative, high-quality curriculum which is broad and balanced and embraces pupils' diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities.
The hope revealed through Jesus Christ inspires us, as we equip pupils with the skills, passion and resilience, to achieve goals, giving them confidence as they journey through life.
We encourage our pupils to love one another as God loves us. By practising forgiveness and reconciliation, we enable all to live well together and flourish. All at St Mary’s play a prominent role in understanding their responsibility to care for the world we share.
Respect is more than just having good manners but is about seeing the good in everyone. This value embraces individual differences and similarities within school and community.